About the Program
Faculty Associates are Senate faculty from any division who support the Faculty Director by partnering with members of the TLC in presenting existing faculty-facing workshops and programs. Faculty Associates will also take on a specific project that may be developed from the ground up or may be an existing program that they would like to take a leadership role in expanding or further developing. Potential areas for projects include resources and support for faculty to implement alternative methods of assessment and grading in their courses or facilitating a Learning Community for instructors in a topic areas of interest. The TLC also welcomes ideas from applicants about areas of interest or need that they would like to develop in this role.
- Receive course release for one quarter
- Develop a deeper understanding of teaching support on campus and bring their experience and leadership to the work of supporting faculty to create transformative, equitable learning experiences for our students at UCSC
Participants commit to:
- Faculty Associates will meet several times a quarter or more frequently for the entire academic year with the Faculty Director.
- Faculty Associates are encouraged to regularly attend TLC events and other programming as availability permits.
- We envision that Faculty Associates will bring fresh perspectives and experience to the TLC team and will serve as ambassadors for teaching support more broadly across campus.
How to Participate
Applications for the 2023–24 academic year are now closed. A call for applications for the 2024–25 academic year will go out in Spring 2024.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the Faculty Associates program.